Fulton, Mo., March 31, 2021 - The Westminster College Blue Jay women's basketball team will play its final regular season game tonight on the road. The game will match the SLIAC's two most prolific offenses against one another. Head Coach Talisha Washington and her team will be taking on the defending SLIAC champs, the Webster University Gorlocks with a SLIAC Regular Season Championship on the line. The two teams sit tied in the loss column with one loss each. Webster is a half game out having played one less conference game than the Blue Jays but will play Eureka on Saturday. The simple fact is that the winner of tonight's game will be the regular season champions.
When: March 31, 2021
Where: Webster University in St. Louis, Mo.
Venue: Grant Gym
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Affiliations: Westminster and Webster are NCAA Division III institutions and members of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC)
Live Video: HERE
Webster University COVID-19 Attendance Policy: No Fans Will Be Permitted.
Taking a look at the Westminster College Blue Jays (9-2, 7-1 SLIAC):
- The Blue Jays are coming off of five straight wins, the last of which was an 89-71 victory in a physical contest at Eureka College.
- The Blue Jays are led in scoring by Reese Arnold at 16.2 PPG which is good for seventh place in the SLIAC, Avylina Powel-Qualo 11.8 PPG and Kallee Dowler 10.1 PPG and Abbie Reece with 9.6 PPG.
- Powel-Qualo leads the Blue Jays in rebounding at 7.7 RPG followed by Schaeffer with 7.0 RPG.
- Arnold leads the team averaging 2.4 assists per game followed by Schaeffer and Powel-Qualo with 1.7 APG.
- Arnold and Powel-Qualo lead the team in steals at 1.2 SPG each.
- The Blue Jays are averaging a conference best 81.9 PPG while shooting 43.6% from the field, a SLIAC leading 36.4% from the three-point line and 64.0% from the free throw line.
Taking a look at the Webster University Gorlocks (7-1, 6-1 SLIAC):
- Webster was picked 1st in the SLIAC Pre-season Coaches Poll.
- The Gorlocks are led in scoring by Addison Beussink who leads the SLIAC in scoring at 19.9 PPG followed by Julie Baudendistel at 18.4 PPG. Hannah Cottrell chips in 10.8 PPG
- The Gorlocks leading rebounders are Beussink at 9.0 RPG good for fourth in the SLIAC, followed by Baudendistel with 5.1 RPG.
- Cottrell leads the Gorlocks in assists with 5.5 APG
- Amaya Baker leads the team in steals per game with 4.0 SPG. Freeman and Cottrell each contribute 3.0 SPG.
- Webster leads the SLIAC in filed goal percentage at 46.3% and second in PPG at 81. Webster also leads the SLIAC in free throw percentage at 73.5%.
- Webster leads the all-time series 32-31.
- Webster won earlier this month at Westminster 73-59.