Fulton, Mo. - The Westminster College Blue Jay women's basketball team will be back in action on Tuesday. Head Coach Talisha Washington and her team will be on the road at the Greenville University Panthers for a 5:30 p.m. tip off in H.J. Long Gymnasium.
When: March 9th, 2021
Where: Greenville University in Greenville, Ill.
Venue: H.J. Long Gymnasium
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Greenville University COVID-19 Attendance Policy: No Fans Will Be Permitted.
Taking a look at the Westminster College Blue Jays (4-2, 2-1 SLIAC):
- The Blue Jays are coming off of a 71-59 setback against Webster.
- The Blue Jays are led in scoring by Reese Arnold at 18.2 PPG, Avylina Powel-Qualo 12.3 PPG and Kallee Dowler 10.3 PPG.
- Powel-Qualo leads the Blue Jays in rebounding with 8.3 RPG followed by Madison Schaeffer at 8.0 RPG
- Arnold leads the team averaging 2.2 assists per game.
- Shelby Kurtz, Arnold, Powel-Qualo and Dowler lead the team in steals at 0.8 SPG each.
- After six games the Blue Jays are averaging 79.5 PPG while shooting 42.5% from the field, 34.6% from the three-point line and 66.7% from the free throw line.
Taking a look at the Greenville University Panthers (4-7, 2-1 SLIAC):
- Greenville was picked 3rd in the SLIAC Pre-season Coaches Poll.
- The Panthers lead the all-time series 29-25.
- Greenville swept the season series last year winning 81-58 at Greenville and then the 90-87 at Westminster.
- The Panthers are led in scoring by Madelyn Stephen at 12.5 PPG and Emily Reinneck at 12.3 PPG.
- The Panthers leading rebounders are Ashley Anderson at 5.5 RPG and Payten Morris at 5.1 PPG.
- Greenville is led in assists by Lauren Eagleson with 3.4 APG.
- The Panthers are led in steals by Anderson and Reinneck at 1.3 SPG.
- Greenville is shooting 37.1% from the field, 28.1% from three point range and 72.0% from the free throw line. Greenville averages 61.2 PPG and gives up 66.7 PPG.