Fulton, Mo. - The Westminster College Blue Jay women's basketball team will be back in action on Saturday. Head Coach Talisha Washington and her team will once again be at home in the friendly confines of Historic Gym for a 1:00 p.m. tip off. This will be first game of SLIAC play for both teams.
When: February 27th, 2021
Where: Westminster College in Fulton, Mo.
Venue: Historic Gym
Time: 1:00 p.m.
Affiliations: Westminster and Fontbonne are NCAA Division III institutions and members of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC)
Live Video: HERE
Illinois College COVID-19 Attendance Policy: No Fans Will Be Permitted.
Taking a look at the Westminster College Blue Jays (2-1, 0-0 SLIAC):
- The Blue Jays are coming off of back to back wins against Illinois College last week, 85-77 at Illinois College and 89-59 at Westminster.
- The Blue Jays are led in scoring by Reese Arnold at 21.9 PPG, Avylina Powel-Qualo 13.7 PPG and Kallee Dowler 9.0 PPG.
- Madison Schaeffer leads the Blue Jays in rebounding at 8.7 RPG followed by Powel-Qualo with 6.7 RPG.
- Arnold leads the team averaging 2.3 assists per game.
- Shelby Kurtz leads the team in steals at 1.7 steals per game.
- After three games the Blue Jays are averaging 76.0 PPG while shooting 40.2% from the field, 35.3% from the three-point line and 66.7% from the free throw line.
- Westminster split the season series last year with Fontbonne winning at Westminster 76-68 and then the Blue Jays winning at Fontbonne 79-75.
Taking a look at the Fontbonne University Griffins (0-0, 0-0 SLIAC):
- Fontbonne was picked 4th in the SLIAC Pre-season Coaches Poll just in front of the Blue Jays.
- This will be the Griffins first contest of the season.
- The Griffins lead the all-time series 37-23.
- The Griffins leading returning scorers from last season are Rylee Stafford 16.5 PPG, Kourtney White at 8.6 PPG and Jillian Venegas 7.3 PPG.
- The Griifins leading returning rebounders from last season are White with 4.7 RPG and Venegas with 4.2 RPG.
- Fontbonne's White also leads all returners with 2.8 APG.
- Stafford and White lead the returners from last season with 2.0 steals per game.