Fulton, Mo., April 24, 2021 – The #4 seeded Westminster College Blue Jay men's soccer team will be in action Saturday night on the road playing for the SLIAC Tournament Championship against the #1 seeded Webster University Gorloks. The Blue Jays will be looking for some payback for 10 days ago when the Gorloks came to Fulton and spoiled senior day for the 10 Blue Jay seniors in a 4-1 loss to the Gorloks. The Gorloks would also celebrate the regular season title on the Blue Jays pitch. Tonight, the Blue Jays will get the opportunity to do the same thing to the Gorloks in the final game of the season for both teams.
When: April 24, 2021
Where: St. Louis, Mo.
Venue: World Wide Technology Soccer Park
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Affiliations: Westminster and Webster are NCAA Division III institutions and members of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC)
Live Video: HERE
Taking a look at the Westminster College Blue Jays (8-4-1, 5-4-1 SLIAC):
- The Blue Jays are coming off a 1-0 double overtime win on an Andrew Sprengel header for a goal at Spalding University in the Semifinalson Thursday evening.
- Patrick Wisnewski leads the Blue Jays in shots with 37 and Shots on Goal with 17. Justin Gerdiman, Freddy Nene and Philip Udinyiwe have taken 14 shots each while Matthew Schulte has taken 13 shots.
- Wisnewski leads the Blue Jays in goals with 4 followed by Philip Udinyiwe with 3.
- Nene leads the Blue Jays in assists with 5 on the year. Philip Udinyiwe has recorded 3 assists.
- Philip Udinyiwe and Nene lead the Blue Jays in points with 9 each followed by Wisnewski with 8.
- Blue Jay Keeper Chase Vogt is 7-4-1 in goal with 5 shutouts and has made 45 saves. He has 1.15 goals against average which is 5th in the SLIAC and a save percentage that is .776.
Taking a look at the Webster University Gorloks (11-1-1, 7-1-1 SLIAC):
- The Gorloks are coming off of a 1-0 double overtime victory at home vs.Fontbonne University on Thursday.
- Mark Moore leads the Gorloks in shots with 39 and second in shots on goal with 18. Aamahn Murvin has taken 37 shots and put a team leading 21 of them on goal.
- The Gorloks are led in scoring by Murvin with 8 goals. Moore has 6 goals while Jarret Gabriele and Justin Kohler have 5 each.
- The Gorloks Mark Moore leads the team in assists with 7.
- Murvin leads the Gorloks in ooints with 20 followed by Moore with 19.
- Matt Amick leads the Gorloks in goal where he is 6-1-1 with four shutouts. He has made 20 saves and given up 3 goals on the season. His 0.41 goals against average and Save percentage of .870 all rank second in the SLIAC.