Fulton, Mo., April 14, 2021 - The Westminster College Blue Jay men's soccer team will be in action tonight at home in a pivotal SLIAC showdown with the conference leading Webster University Gorloks. Head Coach Adam Galla and his team will be looking to improve their conference standing before the SLIAC Tournament starts next week. This will be the Blue Jays final regular season home game of SLIAC play in the friendly confines of Blue Jay Field. The game will mark Senior Night for 10 Blue Jays: Justin Gerdiman, Sam Heckart, Philip Udinyiwe, Patrick Wisnewski, Jordan Kahrhoff, Joshua Udinyiwe, Aaron Guilliams. Jacob Skaggs, Luciano Zarinelli and Chase Vogt will all play their last regular season home game.
When: April 14th, 2021
Where: Westminster College in Fulton, Mo.
Venue: Blue Jay Field at Kent and Judith Mueller Stadium
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Affiliations: Westminster and Webster are NCAA Division III institutions and members of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC)
Live Video: HERE
Westminster COVID-19 Outdoor Attendance Policy: 2 Fans will Be Permitted per Westminster Student Athlete. No Visiting Fans Permitted.
Taking a look at the Westminster College Blue Jays (5-2-1, 6-2-1 SLIAC):
- The Blue Jays currently sit in 4th place in the SLIAC.
- The Blue Jays are coming off a 1-0 forfeit win over Eureka College.
- Patrick Wisnewski leads the Blue Jays in shots with 28 and Shots on Goal with 14. Matthew Schulte has taken 12 shots, Justin Gerdiman has taken 11 shots. Freddy Nene and Philip Udinyiwe have taken 10 shots each.
- Wisnewski and Philip Udinyiwe lead the Blue Jays in goals with three each.
- Nene leads the Blue Jays in assists with 4 on the year. Philip Udinyiwe has recorded two assists.
- Blue Jay Keeper Chase Vogt is 4-2 in goal with two shutouts and has made 27 saves. He has .97 goals against average which is 4th in the SLIAC and a save percentage that is .794 which is also 4th in the SLIAC.
Taking a look at the Webster University Gorloks (5-1-1, 5-1-1 SLIAC):
- The Gorloks currently sit in 1st place in the SLIAC.
- The Gorloks are coming off of a 3-0 victory at Fontbonne University on Saturday.
- Aamahn Murvin leads the Gorloks in shots with 27 and shots on goal with 17. Mark Moore has taken 26 shots and put 12 of them on goal.
- The Gorloks are led in scoring by Murvin with seven goals. Jarret Gabriele and Moore have three goals each.
- The Gorloks Noah Abraham, Travis Cameron, Henok Moges and Mark Moore lead the team in assists with three each.
- Matt Coffey leads the Gorloks in goal where he is 4-0-1 with four shutouts. He has made 13 saves and given up one goal on the season. His 0.19 goals against average and Save percentage of .929 lead the SLIAC. Matt Amick is 3-1 with two shutouts and has given up two goals on the year. His .48 goals against average and .833 Save percentage both rank second to his teammate in those categories.
SLIAC MEN'S SOCCER STANDINGS