Fulton, Mo. - The Westminster College Blue Jay men's soccer team will be in action tonight in their home opener. Head Coach Adam Galla and his team will be taking on the Iowa Wesleyan University Tigers in a 7:00 p.m. kick off. This will be the Blue Jays second game of SLIAC play and their first game in the friendly confines of Blue Jay Field.
When: March 16th, 2021
Where: Westminster College in Fulton, Mo.
Venue: Blue Jay Field at Kent and Judith Mueller Stadium
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Affiliations: Westminster and Iowa Wesleyan are NCAA Division III institutions and members of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC)
Live Video: HERE
Westminster COVID-19 Outdoor Attendance Policy: 2 Fans will Be Permitted per Westminster Student Athlete. No Visiting Fans Permitted.
Taking a look at the Westminster College Blue Jays (0-1, 0-1 SLIAC):
- The Blue Jays were picked fifth in the SLIAC Pre-season Coaches Poll.
- The Blue Jays are coming off a season opening 1-0 loss on the road at Fontbonne University this past Saturday.
- Blue Jay Keeper Chase Vogt made his season debut on Saturday facing six shots and recording five saves.
- Joshua Udinyiwe led the Blue Jays with four shots and two shots on goal on Saturday.
- The Blue Jays return 21 players from last years team: Seniors Justin Gerdiman, Sam Heckart, Philip Udinyiwe, Joshua Udinyiwe, Patrick Wisnewski, Jordan Kahrhoff, Aaron Guilliams, Jacob Skaggs, Luciano Zarinelli and Chase Vogt return. Juniors Joe Wilder, Matthew Schulte, Michael Ellinger, Andrew Sprengel, Bukuru Dieudone, David Wilder and Barrett Smith. Sophomores Parker Jett, Rhys Proffitt, Collin Murray, Freddy Nene, and Samuel Brown also return.
- Coach Galla and his staff were able to bring in 15 new players to the team: 10 Freshmen Conner Benefield, Francois Moua, Quinn VanDyke, Mustekbel Shoune, Ari Lieberman, Kendall Schrader, Nolan Deane, Jackson Abrams, Chris Lannom and Daniel Raspberry. They also added five transfers Conner Wobbe, Bukuru Dieudone, Ross Brady, Noah Pierce and Brantley Estes.
Taking a look at the Iowa Wesleyan University Tigers (2-0,2-0 SLIAC):
- Iowa Wesleyan was picked to win in the SLIAC Pre-season Coaches Poll.
- The Tigers are coming off of a 10-0 victory at Eureka College on Saturday.
- The Tigers are led in scoring by Francisco Javier Saldana with four goals. Gianandres Franceschi Santorsola and Xavier Lozada both have two goals each.
- The Tigers Xavier Lozada leads the team in assists with two.
- Vincent Sanchis leads the Tigers in goal facing 6 shots on the year and making five saves in two games.
SLIAC MEN'S SOCCER STANDINGS