Fulton, Mo. - The Westminster College Blue Jay women's basketball team will be back in action on Tuesday. Head Coach Talisha Washington and her team will again be on the road as they travel to play the Illinois College Lady Blues at 7:30 p.m. The Blue Jays will then return home on Thursday February 18th to take on the Lady Blues again at 7:30 p.m. The varsity game at Westminster on Thursday will be preceded by a JV Game at 5:30 p.m.
When: February 16th, 2021
Where: Illinois College in Jacksonville, Il.
Venue: Sherman Gymnasium
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Affiliations: Westminster is a NCAA Division III institution and a member of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC)
Illinois College is a NCAA Division III institution and a member of the Midwest Conference (MWC)
Live Video: HERE
Illinois College COVID-19 Attendance Policy: No Fans Will Be Permitted.
When: February 18th, 2021
Where: Westminster College in Fulton, Mo.
Venue: Historic Gym
Time: 5:30p.m. JV and 7:30 p.m. Varsity
JV Game Video: HERE
Varsity Game Live Video: HERE
Westminster College COVID-19 Attendance Policy: No Fans Will Be Permitted.
Taking a look at the Westminster College Blue Jays (0-1, 0-0 SLIAC):
- The Blue Jays will be back in action for the first time in ten days due to having their game with Nebraska Wesleyan University cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns in the NWU program.
- Westminster will play Illinois College two times in the next three days.
- The Blue Jays are led in scoring by Reese Arnold at 13.0 PPG, Avylina Powel-Qualo 8.0 PPG and Madison Schaeffer 7.0 PPG.
- Shaeffer also leads the Blue Jays in rebounding at 5.0 RPG.
- Amorette Rodriguez leads the team averaging 4.0 assists per game.
- Rodriguez and Shelby Kurtz are both leading the team in steals at 2.0 steals per game.
- After one game the Blue Jays are shooting 32.7% from the field, 35.3% from the three point line and 63.2% from the free throw line.
Taking a look at the Illinois College Lady Blues (2-0, 0-0 MWC):
- This will be the Lady Blues third contest of the season. Illinois College's conference cancelled its conference season in light of COVID-19 concerns leaving the Lady Blues to pick up as many games as they can.
- Illinois College leads the all-time series with Westminster 7-3.
- Illinois College comes into the contest after back to back wins over Greenville University, 73-67 last Wednesday in Jacksonville and 76-72 this past Saturday at Greenville.
- The Lady Blues are led by four players scoring in double figures; Junie Zirkelbach 16.0 PPG, Lilly Pepper's 13.5 PPG, Krista Bass 13.0 PPG and Ashlyn Wightman at 10.0 PPG
- Wightman leads Illinois College in rebounding at 8.0 RPG.
- Bass guides the offense averaging 4.0 assists per game.
- The Lady Blues after two games are shooting 45.4% from the field, 30.8% from the three point line and 76.7% from the free throw line.